I know you want Windows 7 but still hesitant to upgrade. Let me share you what I found from Windows7.com website.
Top 10 reasons to move from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Get quicker access to all of your stuff. Use Pin and Jump Lists to keep the programs and files you use the most right at your fingertips.
- Manager open windows easier. Resize and arrange windows simply by dragging their borders to the edge of your screen.
- Quickly find what you're looking for. Use Windows search to find a specific file, program, or email in a few seconds.
- Share files and printers among multiple PCs from one Windows 7 based PC to another, you can share files, music, photos, and even printers across your home network.
- Stay entertained effortlessly with Windows Media Center you get one place to enjoy your photos and music, watch and record live TV, and watch free Internet TV.
- Easily create and share movies, create great looking movies and slideshows, share them on YouTube in minutes.
- Connect to networks easily, view and connect to any available wireless network in as few as three clicks.
- Do more and wait less, improvements that can accelerate sleep and resume, and make your PC more responsive help you get more done.
- Don't leave programs behind, run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode.
- Offer your PC better protection, help keep your PC and your information, and your family safe.
Sounds good huh!
Choose the Windows 7 edition that is best for you.
Source: Windows 7 Compare Editions.
For Home use, obviously you need to have Windows 7 Home Premium. For Business, you should get the Windows 7 Professional for you to connect to your company network and join to your existing domain. The Windows 7 Ultimate provide additional security for your data using BitLocker encryption. Enjoy your new operating system.